Sunday, June 23, 2013

OTter Talk #2

I'm making myself read more. I guess that should just be read in general. It has been years (embarrassingly) since I've read on a regular basis and I really miss how I good book takes you away for a few hours. I also think that the more you read, the better you write. I'm going to give that a try and you all can report back to me if it's working. ;)

The hardest part for me is choosing a book. I judge the books by their covers, for sure, and the descriptions never do the books justice, I'm noticing. It's like I'm terrified of choosing a book that I won't like or something. Indecisiveness to the nth degree.

I bought my first digital book the other day. I was really apprehensive, but I ended up really liking the digital book option. I also like how the iPad lets you read a preview of the book before buying. That may just be the answer to my book selection dilemma.

The book I just read is The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. I read it in 3 days. With a 4 month old. During busy season at our shop. It was that good. There were a few parts that would make a new mom slightly cringe, but it was such an amazing book and I really recommend it if you're looking for a good novel to read!

Although the iBook (eBook? Whatever.) was great, I still like the idea of reference type books in paper form. I know you can highlight and all of that in a digital book, but I think I would be more apt to go back and see what it is that I highlighted or try a certain recipe, per say, if it is a real, live book.

So, I'm on the hunt for a few new books to take me into the lives of others for a few hours during the week or for when procrastination is the next best option while Asher is sleeping.

Do you have any recommendations for good books to read? 





No comments:

Post a Comment