Monday, April 15, 2013

Sundays With Family + Easter Pictures

Some Sundays are best spent making memories with family. Not only with our new family of three, but also with Asher's grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. Both of my parents are only children, so I grew up with the smallest of family gatherings! John is blessed with such a large family and now my side is growing at a rapid pace, as well. I am quickly becoming accustomed to large and lively family events even for the smallest of occasions. 








One of the things we are most looking forward to is the fact that holidays will never be the same in our house now that we have a child. This year, there is the excitement of the baby and making our rounds with both of our families with the added joy our of little one. By the end if the year and into next, the true excitement will begin! We will no longer get away with our admittedly "scrooge" behavior at Christmas; a decorated tree and festive outdoor lights are a must. The Easter Bunny will certainly be hopping over to our house next year and the other holidays will be all the more colorful now that we can once again view them through the eyes of a child.

This year for Easter we made our rounds not really doing anything particularly festive in our own home. My mom, however, went all out for our little guy making him a huge Easter basket filled with lots of fun goodies! She packed it with the cutest summer short sets, a Dr. Seuss book with a collection of classic Seuss stories; my favorites - The Pants with Nobody in Them and The Sneeches. Also, a Land Before Time DVD which both John and I loved when we were young. In addition to the gigantic basket filled with goodies, she gave us the cute "My First Easter" outfit seen in all of our pics. I did not plan ahead for that one - thanks for looking out, mom! Kudos for making Asher's first Easter as special as it could be! Asher's Nona also gave Asher an Easter gift - several cute outfits and a stuffed Easter chick! :) He is so blessed to be loved by so many wonderful people!

{ Dear Asher - Next year mommy and daddy promise to pull out all the stops... with the help of that bunny, of course! Love always, Mommy }


My mom and my grandma (Asher's Oma) out of focus. :( Next time I'll get her in!
The priceless moment caught on camera - my dad's face after my older sister announced her pregnancy #4!




No comments:

Post a Comment