Saturday, April 27, 2013

Jogging with a Soft "J"

"I believe it's jogging or yogging; it might be a soft 'j'. Apparently you just run!" - Ron Burgundy

We whipped out our jogging stroller this weekend for the first time. I'm still not comfortable jogging (or "yogging") or running with it just yet since Asher's head is still a little wobbly, but we went for a brisk walk with it and had a great time! 

Asher stayed asleep most of the ride, but when his eyes popped open here and there, he was content and even gave shy little smiles. I love how his hair always looks windblown, even when there's no wind. It's very Donald Trump. Maybe we've been watching too much Celebrity Apprentice...

I couldn't get enough pictures of him wearing his sunglasses. He just looked so cool! But I guess I am a little biased. ;) It was nice for us all to get out of the house and into the sun together. We woke up at 7am and got out at 11am. Ha! We have come to the realization that with a baby in tow, you have to prepare ahead of time and get out while you can or the to-do list starts to pile up and your plans go out the window.

We made it out eventually and found our way to a nearby playground. We had to cut through some pretty rugged paths to get there - the 'all-road' route was 4 miles each way - but our Schwinn jogging stroller could handle the rough terrain. We tried to plug in my iPod for some music along the way, but the music played directly into the stroller and not very loudly, so I'm thinking that the MP3 capability is supposed to be for the baby and not for the jogger? Who knows. We considered just using the phone itself and then ended up enjoying the quiet and each other's company instead. 

I was happy to get some fabulous pics of our little stud muffin rollin' in his new wheels. He brings smiles to our faces no matter what time of day... we love him so much!

"They see me rollin'... they hatin'..."




Asher's sunglasses are BabyGap. :)


My exercise pants are a Zulily find!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Matthew has those same sunglasses! Found you via your post on WTE (I'm The Pearl & The Pilot :) ) and LOVE the blog! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who took pics of you and John?? Ghost photographer!!

    Also my nephew is the bee's knees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also this is April and it did not show that....

      Delete