Friday, May 31, 2013

Hurray for the Short Week!


We had a lot of work to catch up on this week, being that it was such a short work week and also that wedding season is now in full swing! (Our small business is custom wedding decor, John and I run aside from when he's at the restaurant.) Therefore, we didn't have much opportunity to get out and about with Asher, but that does not mean the week was not filled with "excitement"!

We are back on the formula hunt as some of the allergy-related symptoms started showing back up with the soy formula. Gas, rash on face (that never really went away), lots and lots of nasty spit-up (did I say lots?), fussiness… I will be posting soon with all the the nitty-gritty details of our experimentation with several new ones. We have a doctor's appointment coming up soon so I will make the post after that. As of right now, we are trying out Similac Alimentum for food allergies and so far, pretty good. Fingers crossed that we'll get this figured out before he's on solids! Ha!

I'll finish off this week with some random thoughts on various baby-related subjects…

Velcro and I have made up. I am getting better about using the laundry tabs. Only once this week has some velcro had a fight with a blanket. That's an improvement! I can't say I'm not the one to blame…

Asher is rolling over in either direction all by himself now! He doesn't roll from tummy to back as much now since he is LOVING getting onto his tummy on his own. He's such a big boy!



We decided to forgo the birth announcement cards. :( It has been so long already, plus with Facebook and everything nowadays, it's not like anyone doesn't know! That makes me sort of sad considering how much I love sending out things like that, but hey, what are you gonna do? I'll just have to plan ahead a little more for baby #2. (No, there's not a baby #2 yet!)

Here are some more pics from Memorial Day weekend. We spent Monday with Asher's soon-to-arrive girlfriend inside our friend Nancy's tummy. Can you believe how great she looks with only 2 weeks left??

I can't say enough about how much I love our Schwinn Turismo jogging stroller. I even unfolded it with one hand yesterday while holding Asher. It's the best!
I got those awesome sandals for a steal from a Zulily sale!







And here are some pics from Sunday after our zoo experience back at John's parents' house for a BBQ. I snapped a bunch of pictures of Asher's 2nd Cousin, Reagan. She's such a cutie - I couldn't resist!







I am researching things we might need for our upcoming vacation to North Carolina for the 4th of July with John's family. It will be a long drive I'm anxious to see how that will go with a 5 month old (I can't believe he'll be 5 month by then!!!). Does anyone have any recommendations for gear we might need while traveling with a baby? Is a travel bassinet a necessity? There's just so much to think about... it can make your head spin!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment