Tuesday, May 21, 2013

14 Weeks + Phone Favorites

iPhone Photo Favorites!


{Forgive my writing today. I'm not really in the mood for full sentences!}

Asher's New Developments - 14 weeks

  • Phasing out the nighttime swaddle. Prefers to fall asleep swaddle-free, but then wakes himself up! Falls into a deeper sleep with it on, then "houdini"s his way out of it to suck on his hands. Gotta love it!
  • 95% there with the roll from back to tummy. Gets stuck on his arm! So close!
  • Erupts in the cutest laughter over the silliest things!!! 1. me singing the 'Diaper Dance' song 2. peek-a-boo with Mommy - VIDEO BELOW - SO CUTE!!! :)


  • Wants to look at my face while eating.
  • Can drink from his Tommee Tippee bottles now. Getting use out of our bottle stash - finally!
  • Awake for longer periods during the day and constantly wants to be entertained or carried... Mommy getting less done around the house. ;) HOWEVER, I tried a new position with our K'tan carrier today and this may be the solution... I got some much needed work done on the computer and Asher played piano on the iPad while in the K'tan. That required some interesting positioning, but worked out pretty well!


  • Introduced iPad baby piano app with farm animal sounds. LOVES IT! After only 2 days developing skills to touch the keys, he is now using his hands more than ever to grab and touch his toys, pacifier, self, my face, Suki, Sumo…
  • Asher is absolutely in LOVE with his Baby Signing Time Vol. 1 DVD. I need to get volumes 2, 3 and 4!
  • Learning various signs - milk, more, mama, dada, grandma, grandpa, diaper, dog, frog... He gets dog and frog mixed up, i.e. looks around for Suki I say "froggy". We're not expecting him to sign back until 7 months or so, but he's watching and taking it all in!
  • Reading him at least 1 book a day, sometimes 4-5 (baby cardboard books). Current Favorites: Little Monkeys Jump in the Bath, Goodnight Moon, Are You My Mother, Doggies by Sandra Boynton, & Llama Llama Red Pajama

MOMMY UPDATE - 14 Weeks Post-Partum
  • 3-5 lbs left 'til pre-pregnancy weight! Feels like 15 due to redistribution of weight and needing to tone up. :( I want to start running again but my body is still saying, "Yeah, right!" Thinking about the P90X DVDs collecting dust in our closet... but with a 3.5 month old?? Really??? Who has the time for that?????
  • Just when you feel like you're returning to some sense of normalcy, 3 mo. pp hits and you really do start losing your hair! My thick, pregnancy locks are everywhere except attached to my head. I swear there is hair all over the house. I'm shedding like one of our pugs! Ha!
  • The hair issue reminds me to be more easy on myself. My body is still going through a lot and my hormones are obviously still far from normal. 
  • The songs from the Signing Time DVD are always stuck in my head. "It's time to eat, eat, what a treat! Eat, eat, eat!" LOL

I have LOTS of pictures to share from John's birthday yesterday (age 29 and holding?????), so be on the lookout for that post within the next few days when I finish uploading and processing the photos! Here's a teaser - First attempt at a baby-free day at the beach and there may or may not have been a thunderstorm that lasted all day. You just have to laugh on days like that! ;)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment