Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tasty Shades: Mint Candy Apple & Cream Puff

You may remember my saying a little while back how I haven't painted my nails with anything other than clear polish in a long, long time. I might go as far as to say it may even have been... 8+ years..? Well, a few days ago, I broke that mold. I got a manicure during my mommy spa day and I chose to have my nails painted in color! Woo-hoo! Don't get too excited yet. It was a nude. :) I tested the water and I liked what I saw. So now, I am jumping on the nail polish bandwagon and here are the first additions to my up and coming nail polish stash (is it sickening that these are the only colors of nail polish I own...???):

ESSIE Mint Candy Apple
Vinylux Top Coat, Cream Puff, & Powder My Nose

The Vinylux nail polish boasts a 7+ day wear and an under 9 minute drying time. The "Powder My Nose" color is the one I had put on at the spa and obviously I was pleased since I couldn't help but buy a tube of my own. I used the "Cream Puff" to give myself french tips on my toes and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be applying a thin line with a large brush. I actually think it is harder to control those tiny nail art brushes. I can't wait to see if these white tips last an entire week. That would be amazing!

The Essie "Mint Candy Apple" is such an awesome shade. I think I have an addiction to this color - it was our wedding color back when we tied the knot. Maybe it holds some nostalgia to me. Whatever the case, I love it to pieces.

I hope I'm not crazy to have gone with such a pop of color on my nails with Asher's 6 month/our family portrait session tomorrow. We rescheduled the session from a few weeks ago due to a severely sunburned daddy who may or may not have worn his sunglasses and no sunscreen and ended up looking like a critter of the night. ;) The polish ties into our color scheme so fingers crossed (pun intended!) that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb (another pun intended! Haha).

Hopefully I'll have some fun stories and exciting pics to share after this long weekend. I need to get the dust off my camera and get a snappin'! Happy Labor Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment